Friday, September 3, 2010

Sleep's Bruises

A blood soaked and thirsty night... without you, without the lighter side of me
And I'm getting weaker
And I'm getting more tired, the more sleep I get
And I am always hoping when I lay my head down it won't lift back up again
And the hours of sleep multiply as the bruises on my body grow
Like blood filled rivers underneath pale skin... pushing up trying to escape
And I don't recall bumping into anything
And I don't recall bumping into you
I sleep sound, I sleep alone
My life's pulse comes in the sound of keystrokes and text message alerts
And I wake to vibrations
And I am awake and bleeding...
Underneath my skin
Waiting to float away from the inside out
I'm waiting

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could say something uplifting, but all that comes out is *hug*
    i hope you never feel this way again.

    ReplyDelete