Monday, July 26, 2010

Plastic

I have painted my face with plastic... one too many times
And now I am stuck in this same old expression
And with it I sing the same old tune to make you smile
Underneath it all the problem lies... it's a lie
I don't give a shit about you
I don't give a shit about a goddamn thing
But smile pretty for the camera
And smile pretty for the client
My world is burning up and my bridges falling down around me
But I will smile until I'm stuck here...
And the truth is I already am
The truth is I am always real.... underneath the plastic
The truth is I am always much worse than I seem
But give me your money... give me your love and admiration
Because my face is painted nearly perfect...
Lips pointing up towards the corners...
Eyes never looking down

1 comment:

  1. i hate sounding so cliche(sp); but to find the treasure buried behind the fool's gold sounds like it would be worth it

    ReplyDelete