Saturday, July 17, 2010

Silent Treatment

This silent treatment has me thinking and feeling...
Feeling more grateful than ever!
I'm glad I am 7 again... and in the second grade...
My accidental mud pie sabotage resulting in this same thing!
Silence. Michelle wouldn't talk to me for 3 whole days!
That's a long time for a 7 year old... But now I am 29.
And now I really don't get hung up on these immature acts.
You were always one to punish and then deny.
You were always one to install self doubt.
And your silence has been golden.
My resilience has been fierce.
And still I try... but not out of sincerity...
But more so to make my point.
I am not who you think I am.
I am not who you wanted me to be.
And I am Okay with this.
I know almost every jealous moment escaping your mouth..
Or fingertips... screamed guilt.
And I was right-on about you.
And I was right about this.
And your silence proves you wrong.
And your silence proves me right.
And the silence shows just how insincere every moment has been...
With you... for you...
You were just a fantasy wrapped in a non-existent friend.

1 comment:

  1. one of the saddest moments we endure is when we realize that those who said they were our friends were not. it never stops hurting

    ReplyDelete